Faith makes a very welcome return in an impressive and twisty Salvage.
Eliza Dushku is absolutely incredible as Faith, the other vampire slayer, and her dynamic with Angelus is surprisingly amusing. Their fight sequence was brief, yes, but so badass and quite intense. And I can’t believe Angelus actually killed the Beast! What a plot twist.
Sadly, I still have no idea why the writers are destroying Cordelia’s character. Not only did she mysteriously kill Lilah for absolutely no logical reason, but also her relationship with Connor continues to be icky, gross and unacceptable. The final baby bump twist made me cringe so bad. Where the hell are they going with this?!
Still, it’s very refreshing to watch a show that’s very dependent on both its own history and the one Buffy created for it. The serialized aspect of Angel never ceases to impress and surprise me, and this season is proving to be stronger with every passing episode.
– Faith and Wesley’s prison break was stunning. I can’t believe the show has stunt doubles that are that badass but CGI that is increasingly hard to stomach.
– Wesley’s Lilah hallucinations in the basement were very heartbreaking. I still can’t believe they killed her off after I finally started to love her this season. I’m actually going to miss you, L.
– Faith swinging the chains over to Angelus’ side so that they’d break the window and allow sunlight to come in and burn him was very clever and, dare I say again, badass?
– David Boreanaz looks like he’s having so much fun in the soulless role, right?
– “Faith the vampire slayer” comes up more than once in this episode. Cute pun but a little soon for someone who’s still depressed over finishing Buffy.
Faith: A kid. Angel’s got a kid.
Faith: A teenage kid born last year.
Wesley: I told you he grew up in a hell dimension.
Faith: Right. And what, Cordelia spent her last summer as–
Wesley: A divine being.
Faith: Uh-huh. Can I just ask…what the hell are you people doing?
Connor: So, vampire slayers. I was told about them. How come you’re always girls?
Faith: I dunno. Better at it, I guess.
Angelus: Aw, crap! You mean killing the Beast really does bring back the sun? I thought that was Angel’s retarded fantasy.